April 30 - May 11, 2017
Yoga and meditation retreat with an international group on the banks of the holy river Ganga in the serene and scenic Himalayas in Northern India, the abode of the yogis and saints. After spending time in this pristine land, one experiences and understands why spiritual seekers have been drawn to the Himalayas from time immemorial.
- Daily meditation and yoga sessions with Gajananam, direct disciple of Swami Vishnu-devananda Ji.
- Vedanta philosophy classes with Swami Premananda Ji, a rare embodiment of love, joy and wisdom and direct disciple of Swami Sivananda Ji.
- Bhagavad Gita classes with Swami Ramaswarupananda ji, a wonderful example of surrender and service and a dynamic and close disciple of Swami Chidananda Ji.
- Trip to Gangotri, near the source of Mother Ganga (as the river is lovingly called), one of the "Chardham" or holiest pilgrimage centers in the Himalayas.
- Connecting to our lineageís roots by visiting Swami Vishnu-devananda Ji's cave in Gangotri, where he spent much time in meditation and seclusion.
- Pilgrimage to various holy sites, including Swami Sivananda Jiís Mahasamadhi shrine (saintís tomb) and his Kutir (cottage) on the Banks of Holy Ganga.
- Visit the Himalayan village of Ganeshpur.
- Enjoy uplifting Satsang (company) with senior monks and yogis.
- Healthy, tasty, freshly cooked vegetarian food.
April 29 or 30 Arrival in Delhi
April 30 Travel to Rishikesh
May 1 Visit Rishikesh
May 2 Travel to Uttarakashi
May 3- 8 Retreat in Uttarakashi with Swami Premananda
May 9 Visit Gangotri, holy site near the source of the Ganga
May 10 Final retreat day in Uttarakashi
May 11 Travel to Rishikesh
May 12 Travel to Delhi
May 13 Departure from Delhi
$1,200 (•120,000) including all travel, food, and accommodations during the program in India.
Does not include airfare.
Registration required by February 1, 2017
$400 (•40,000) deposit required for registration
$800 (•80,000) balance due by March 1, 2017
Register soon, as space is limitedÖ
The whole program is pure, authentic and rooted in sadhana. Gajananamji sets it up so everything is effortless, allowing us pilgrims to have a clear mind for meditation! The teachings gained from Swami Ramaswarupanandaji and Swami Premanandaji are enough to ponder over lifetimes, yet I still thirst for more! To sit at these master's feet and hear Ma Ganga's shakti ever-flowing is a blessing in itself. I hope everyone can share this wonderful experience! Thank you OM OM OM (Daya Devi)
We so much enjoyed the visit to India during August 2009 that was organized by Gajananam and the Vishnu-devananda Yoga Center. My wife, daughter and self accompanied the group and each of us found the trip to be fun, educational and enlightening. I have known Gajananam for many years so knew that the retreat would be a success due to his in-depth knowledge of yoga and Indian culture. We were fortunate to practice yoga and meditation in the Himalayas - a dream for many spiritual aspirants, and to meet yogis and saints who don't seek publicity. My wife and daughter, who are both new to yoga also thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip, and have since delved into yoga practice themselves! (Gyanadev)
This summer I took the opportunity to go on the Vishnu-devananda Center's annual retreat to India. Truly, this was a life changing experience for me. With the full impact of my short time there still not fully realized. I have 2 grown children who, while not yogis themselves, are truly grateful that their mom has found a path in life that has brought our relationships closer. Even as a beginner in the yoga lifestyle, I find the benefits to both my physical and mental well being to be pretty amazing (Linda)